Saturday, October 6, 2012

Diversity

There is so much diversity in the world today, and it's so great because we can all take the opportunity to learn and respect others and invite new things into our lives.  We learned this week how important the family role and the role of the father was in the home.  We found out that sometimes families make sacrifices that may hurt the family, but they only have hope for a better lifestyle.  I'm so grateful for my family and all the work my parents do to make our home better!

General Conference is the weekend, and let's just say that it's been so amazing!  Prophet Thomas S. Monson announced that young men that are worthy, willing, graduated from high school, and feel mature enough can go on a mission at the age of 18. The same qualifications go for girls, but the age for them is at 19 now.  I have a little brother that could go on a mission in May and one of my best friends/sisters could leave for her mission right now! I bet you could imagine the emotions I was feeling.  The audience was in so much shock.  SO many blessings are coming our way. Conference has been amazing and I'm truly grateful to hear the words of a living Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the earth today.

This photo is of us girls in the conference center of the Saturday morning session.  The beautiful happy girl in the back (Annie) is the one that will be serving her mission here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment